Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Hair today gone tomorrow

I actually had something to write about and I can’t remember what it is. It’s kinda bumming me out. Not nearly as much as the fact that there is a big patch of hair missing from the back of my head. I had to take a hair test as part of the custody evaluation. I’ve been growing my hair out to do it, which looks stupid and it’s been a pain to schedule the thing. So the guy says he’ll meet me over there today at 7 am. That works for me. I get there and the guy is like, “You’ve got plenty of hair, no worries.” Cool. Then he takes a pair of kiddie scissors and cuts just huge clumps of hair out of the back of my head. I pay him 125 bucks for his troubles and cruise. I really didn’t have time to go home, shave my head, shave my neck, take a shower to get all the hair off, etc. I just had to go into work like my kids attacked me with scissors. I’m basically walking around at work like that, and I asked somebody if it was obvious and they said yes. Oh well. I just have to make it through the day and then I can shave all of this crazy stupid hair off.

I’m starting to bug about what I’m going to do with my National tickets. The show is sold out. I think I can get 200 for the pair. It is taking every bit of my will power to resist contacting that girl and asking if she is going. I don’t know if I’m stubborn or what the exact definition of my problem is, but I can boil it down. I was thinking about it yesterday and I just have a picture of how things are going to work out. When things don’t work out according to that picture, it irritates me. The reason I bought tickets to the National was to go with this girl. She likes the National. I think The National are ok. I don’t have much desire to go with anyone else, it’s either ask this girl, or sell the tickets. I just want to know if she is going. If she’s going, great, then I’ll sell the tickets. If not, then she should go. She wants to go. She loves the new album. I bought these tickets so she could go. It just bothers me that the tickets are not being used for their purpose, and that there will be utility lost from my plan not going how I envisioned. Not necessarily overall utility, but the utility that I have baked into this whole scenario with my mind.

I won my first fantasy fb match up. That rocks. Always good to start out with a win. Lots of season left though and I need to grab somebody off the waiver wire. I have the #1 waiver pick and there has to be a diamond out there to take. Tough to figure the line on ND vs. UMass. On USAtoday it says off for most of the betting houses, someone has Umass as a 21 pt dog, and another at 30. I think Michigan will be pretty good as long as Denard Robinson stays healthy, hopefully they will only need him for the first half against UMass. I can tell you one thing, the ticket prices have got to be going up. Before the season, nobody knew if M was going anywhere, now they have one of the most exciting players in the country on the field. I’m sure people want to come see him in person. It’s def worth seeing. He did things against ND that were pretty amazing. He looked like he was playing at a speed no one else on the field could come close to. At least on that 97 yard play. There’s still baseball going on and the Sox are not mathematically eliminated yet. They play 3 games against the twins starting today and they need to sweep to have a chance. I hope they do it. I’m going to the game on Thursday, I hope it’s for the sweep, that would be crazy exciting.

No comments: