Friday, September 10, 2010

Don't read this

I’m really bumming cuz it looks like rain this weekend. I hope the weatherman is wrong. It’s like I’m taking the kids to the Michigan vs. Notre Dame game. I’ve been looking forward to it forever, my bud got me some solid tix. I’m ready to rock. The kids are amped. Family fun that can’t be beat. Now it looks like rain. That sucks. On other sucky news, the guitarist/singer from the band decided “thanks but no thanks.” He’s the guy that said he broke up his last band cuz he was a dick. He could (and did) carry the whole band though, and I like those types of musicians. I don’t know if those types of musicians like to carry everybody though. I’m guessing no. Practice got called off for tonight, so that’s good. They are trying to line up a practice for next Weds, but I can’t make it til later. That might be ok though. They can work on some songs and then I can come in and mop up around 9. I’m good like that.

I sent the punk rock girl a message on Match and she sent me an e-mail. We are gonna try to get together. I wanted to grab a beer tonight, but I haven’t heard back from her. I guess I should just IM her, I know that will go straight to her phone. I don’t know why I abandoned that as a means of conversation. I guess I thought it was invasive. I wouldn’t be crazy about someone IMing me on my phone so I didn’t want to do it to someone else. Well it’s basically the only way to communicate with this woman, so I might as well use it. It’s so weird in this day and age that communication would be difficult. People are basically accessible 24 hours a day via cell/text, I just can’t buy that people don’t have time for it. I think the punk girl is about it though. There’s some other woman stalking me on Match. She is pretty cute. She’s the one who said she was into music and when I asked who she said “nickelback and creed.” No lie. I shouldn’t be such a music snob. Maybe I’ll send her an e-mail. I can’t even remember how our first e-mails got derailed. I’m pretty sure she stopped messaging me. I’m also trying to devise a way to hook back in with the burlesque girl. That’s a work in progress. Hold the phone. I just got a Match e-mail and one of the women is smoking and it says she’s an intellectual. I’m not sure if that’s a good combo or not. It sounds good though. I think I have a better chance with the smarter ladies. Either that, or I just don’t feel like hanging around with an idiot just to get laid. It doesn’t really matter; I’d rather hang with a smart chick.

I got into a fantasy football league. I was going to blow this year off, but it’s so hard. Fantasy football has to be more addictive than crack. It just makes pro football a million times more fun. I can’t even watch the pros unless my fantasy guys are going. I don’t think I have a good team. This league kinda blows goats. No live draft. That is a shitfest waiting to happen. You just don’t know what you need when. I didn’t even know the draft order. It’s like, if I had one of the first 3 picks, I would’ve ranked those guys. I had the swing pick 10. Not a bad pick, but the computer picked two running backs I’ve never heard of. Some guy from the jets who gets to compete with LT, and some guy from the Chargers. Brees was still available. No doubt I would’ve picked him. My next two picks were Tony Romo, who is ok, and Desean Jackson. DJ absolutely hosed me two years ago. He spiked the ball on the 1 during regular season. That cost McNabb a td, and cost me the game that week. Well losing that game cost me #1 seed in the playoffs that year, and that cost me 2k. I ended up in 3rd place, lost in the semis. No money. DJ better make it up to me this year. I forget who else I have. Giants D, they’re pretty good. Jermichael Finley, is he any good? I might have to hit the waiver wire. I def need LT, if he’s available, handcuffage. I’m glad I’m doing FFB, it’s a good time.

The White Sox are looking pretty crappy. They might be out of it before Minnesota even comes to town. As of right now, the White Sox have to sweep them just to be in the picture. I don’t see it happening. I don’t think the Sox can catch the Twins. Stranger things have happened, but the Twins just never lose. They’ll prolly sweep the Sox. They’re better. If the Sox would’ve held onto Jim Thome, they would be a lot better off. If Peavy hadn’t gotten hurt, the Sox would probably be in the driver’s seat. Oh well. Wait til next year.

No comments: