Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Appletown

It’s weird how things work out. Last night I was way jonesin to send Old Girl a text. I was just gonna check in and say hey. I am curious if she is going to see the National or not. I’m kinda thinking it was wasteful to trash the connection, even if it only turned out to be friends or whatever. It was good to think about it and put it into perspective for the future. It’s just tough to work new friends into the picture. I’m sure if we decided to be friends the outcome would be the same, I’d never hear from her again. On the Nat tix tip, I sold the tix for $200. I feel a smidge guilty about it, cuz I’ve seen people trying to sell them for $45/each since then. Cha-ching. Nothing like a good scalp to get your blood pumping. I also need to give some money to the theater, so I’m hoping to have some of the 200 left over for that. Yeah, I don’t have the tix anymore, so I felt like there was less riding on the text. I dunno, at the end of the day, she’s not interested and I shouldn’t be. I think I’m slowly coming to that conclusion. Very slowly, I know. So last night I’m dead tired from the weekend, I wasn’t thinking about contacting old girl, I just went online to check my e-mail. I check e-mail and I get a message from this new girl I’m digging. That was cool. So I got on OKC to read the message and I get an instant message from some other girl. I’m just like WTF. While I’m IMing with this girl, I’m also responding to new girl. Then I get an IM on Yahoo and it’s the punk girl. I think someone was trying to send me a message, “why fret over what is gone, when there is so much here.” Seriously too, I’m not even trying. I send, at most, 5 e-mails a week, I’m sure there are guys that send 50 a week. It was cool though. Old girl and I did not have a lot in common. The new girl I’m e-mailing with is really into music. She is a photographer for Spin magazine. From what I can tell from her pictures, she is absolutely gorgeous too. Always good. I dunno what’s up with the other girls, the new IM girl didn’t have a picture on her profile, def a red flag.

I just want to make a quick comparison between Punk Girl and Old Girl, Punk Girl has tracked me down a few times and asked what’s up (kinda like what I did to OG). She’s shown that she’s interested. I’m not asking for the world, I just did not get the vibe from OG, in fact the vibe I did get was “I won’t mind if you just go away.”

In my quest to blow all the money I made on the National tix and not give it to the Theater, I am going to see Roger Waters tonight. I’m containing my expectations, although part of me def thinks it’s gonna be off the heezle. There should be a nutty light show and they should build a wall and break it down. I dunno, mass hysteria. If the show was unhooked back in 1980, it should be a mindblowing event in 2010. We can do so much more with less now than we could then. We have lasers, phasers, snuggies, robots, flowbees, and cgi. I’m expecting Jar Jar Binks to appear on the stage 20 feet high and walk off into the crowd. Or something like that. Getting the tix was no mean feat. I had to deal with Leroy from Dekalb. Dude seemed like an ok guy. Then he called me at midnight last night. “You gave me a bum address.” “No I didn’t, that’s what my buddy told me and he’s been living there for 11 years. Are you on Ohio?” “No.” “The place is on Ohio.” Whateves. I am working on minimal sleep though, which sucks. I guess tomorrow night I’ll get 7 hours. That would be wonderful. The tix were a bargain though. Well below face. I think face w/ fees was like $70, we got our tix for $45/each. Good times. Not a bad swap, Roger Waters performing the Wall, for The National. I’d do that any day, I might not feel the same way tomorrow, but I’m pretty sure I will.

That was a bummer that the guy on the Broncos killed himself. It’s crazy. I don’t know if people just have mental problems, or what, but suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Life is tough though. It’s more than some people can handle. I don’t know what was going on in this guy’s life, but he must’ve felt pretty hopeless. I think I’ve gone off on this topic before so I don’t feel like rehashing stuff I already said. Life is tough though. It’s more than some people can handle.

No comments: