Friday, August 13, 2010

I'm just a blurb

All the grass over by where Lollapalooza happened is dead. I don’t get that. How could three days of people trampling kill the grass? I can see it from my office and it’s all brown though. It was only 3 days, maybe the rock killed it. I really don’t think the rock was either bad enough to kill the grass, or bad-ass enough to kill the grass. I’m trying to think of acts that I saw that may have killed the grass. Seriously, from a bad-ass perspective, nobody killed the grass last weekend. I can’t think of a group that brought it so hard that the grass would die. Nobody is coming to mind. The only band I can think of that might have killed the grass from sucking is Grizzly Bear, and they did play over where the grass appears dead. I meant to put together a list of bands best to worst for each day. I guess now would be an appropriate time for that.


Day 1

Dragonette

Green Day

Against me

AFI

Social D

The soft pack

Royal Bangs

Edward sharpe

Stars

The morning benders

Gogol bordello

Harlem

Rogue wave

Slightly Stoopid

Dawes

Grizzly bear



Day2

Hockey

Soundgarden

The National

Wolfmother

MGMT

Cypress Hill

Mutemath

Yeasayer


I dunno what it is, but I’ve been getting a lot of messages lately on my dating sites. One of them is actually promising, which I think I mentioned in another blog. I dunno what the sudden influx in interest can be ascribed to. I haven’t changed anything. I haven’t posted a journal entry, I should do that, that always generates some traffic. All I can think of is that once fall comes around, people hunker down for winter. I’m thinking that women are looking to lock up a snuggle buddy for the long winter ahead. I know it’s early to be talking Winter, especially when it’s like 90 out every day, but this is just a theory. If the theory holds, then interest should continue to ramp up into early fall, aka crunch time. I’m personally not too concerned about lining up a snuggle buddy, especially if I have to settle in order to do it. Definitely not worth settling just to have a foot warmer for the winter, but I’m not a woman, so who knows, maybe women are looking for footwarmers this time of year. Or maybe my intelligence, boyish good looks, and ample charm are finally breaking through and word is getting out about the best catch out there. That could be it too.

No comments: