Friday, August 6, 2010

I really think so

I’ve been thinking lately about writing another screenplay. Guess what the subject matter is…Dating. Yep I have a few scripts in mind about dating. One of them is called Friends with benefits. This will be a shocker of a storyline, it’s sorta like some kind of wonderful, but instead of just being arm-punch buddies with the other girl, the guy is banging her. So there’s that, and then I thought of another one that is sort of in the same vein. It’s actually almost the same movie. So maybe I don’t have 2 scripts here, but who cares. The other one is that the guy isn’t banging the friend, but he’s in a wholesome relationship with someone else, then in a moment of weakness he and the friend bang, and that screws everything up and much like in Requiem for a Dream, it sorta ends on a downer. Did RFD end on a downer? I can’t remember. Maybe I’m thinking of Magnolia. Anyhoo I gotta start writing. Although as you know, faithful reader, I am writing. I hadn’t realized it, but I’ve been fairly prolific. Most of my blog writing goes into one document. I just sorta keep adding onto it, but right up at the top, so it’s in reverse chronological order. Well I just noticed that I’m at the 93 (now 94) page mark. So I have 94 pages of musings. Not too shabby. I gotta focus this energy on a script though. It prolly wouldn’t hurt to fix up my other scripts and get them out there too. I was talking with my boss yesterday and it turns out that he’s a writer. Small world. He has written some stuff. He was not willing to share it, but that’s cool that he writes.

I’m starting to get amped to go to Japan. We had some Japanese people in town. Well it’s my sister in law’s brother’s family. He is American and the rest are, as you can guess, Japanese. They have a place in Yokohama which is just outside of Tokyo. We hung out, we bonded, my son learned some Japanese, and now I have an open invitation to visit. I’m totally going. I don’t know when, and I don’t know how. I don’t know who is going with me (maybe the kids, that would rock). I know I’m gonna go. So that’s on the list. I got a taste of Japanese culture, I got to try a Japanese P B and J. I call it that, because the Japanese kids were attending an American summer camp while they were in town. The dad puts them in the camp so their English will get better. Well for lunch, they were bringing Rice wrapped in Seaweed. Japanese PB and J. The shack I have at my disposal in Yokohama is fairly dope. So dope in fact, that it was featured on Japanese television. The guy had the video on his iphone and hooked it up to the TV. The show was pretty awesome. The fact that the dude was American was played to the hilt. When it started, they were playing Born in the USA in the background, later on, they played some bastardized version of John Denver. The most classic thing was at the end, he let out this “Yeeeeh Hah” yelp. He’s like, “yeah they asked me to do an American type yell.” I told him he did a pretty damn good job of it. If someone asked me to do an American yell, I probably would’ve yelled “Fuck off!” The Japanese are leaving town on Sunday and they do have a predicament. They bought about 9X more than their luggage will hold. The woman was doing her best to formulate a plan last night and it was fun to watch her work on the puzzle. The problem was they had 6 suitcases and about 12 piles of stuff. It just wasn’t adding up. I’m pretty much guaranteeing that they have to ship some stuff back. Ok. I’ll end the talk of the Japanese on this note. One of the items that they hoard into their luggage and attempt to ferret past customs is…Hamburger Helper. Not only do they covet HH, but they throw a party, invite over their friends and they feast on the American delicacy…Hamburger Helper. Pretty funny.

What is up with Lady Gaga? Does she have a cult? I saw separate groups of dudes today, Black gaga t’s, faux hawks, and they looked latin American. Is that her demographic? I guess. I would check Lady Gaga if I had the chance. Tonight is gonna be a prep night though. I’ve got laundry to do, and I should get a good night sleep. Then the rest of the weekend should rage. Stay tuned, next week I’ll have a full blow by blow account of the melee that Lollapalooza purports to be.

No comments: