Friday, August 27, 2010

I have no idea

I’m being semi-stalked by this girl on Match. I dunno. It’s like she gave me the dis (at Interpol like I said), then a day later she checked out my profile. I figured she was just taking one last look at the gorgeous hunk of man that she let slip through her fingers. Then today, almost two weeks later, she checks out my profile again. I’m def not going to check out her profile. I wasn’t that broken up about her moving on, and I don’t have much desire to rekindle it. I did think about it this morning which is a little weird from an esp standpoint. I was thinking about her. I was just thinking that maybe she was really waiting for me to call all weekend and then when I didn’t call til Sunday, she was probably pretty cheesed. I told her I had the kids, and it was Beauty and the Beast weekend. I was literally running all over the place for the entire weekend. There was nothing I could do. It’s tough. I’d like to at least meet up with the punk rock woman, and I can’t find a free minute. It’s crazy. I have the kids Monday and Wednesday, and then I have management training, and that will go late next Tuesday. I have something going next Thursday and I will mention that later. I think I also have practice next Thursday, so that means all weekend I’ll be playing the drums, when I’m not carting the kids all over town for football. It’s tough. Then I have Teenage bottlerocket on Sunday.

I have to touch on a topic here and I think it is fairly well established. There are dudes, friends that I hang out with, that are very good looking guys. In my opinion, hanging out with them sorta raises my stature in the eyes of any ladies who might be around. It’s like very good looking guy, pretty good looking guy with him, it sort of legitimizes you in a way. I’m not saying that I need to be legitimized (but I don’t think it hurts), I’m just saying that by association, you get raised up a notch. I have to ask a woman if this concept is sound, or if it’s irrelevant. It works for girls. A decent looking girl will get more looks if she is with a hot friend. It’s like you’ll check out the hottie and say “She’s out of my league…but her friend…” I can see that happening. The other thing about these dudes is that they are married, so they are off the market. They are perfect wingmen. This is an established concept, the wingman; it doesn’t hurt if your wingman is a good looking dude. That definitely helps. That’s all I’m saying. I think my buddy who balks at the idea of being legitimized is just interpreting it the wrong way. I’m not saying without them that we’re illegitimate, or that we don’t have a chance, I’m just saying that with them, we have a better chance. So anyway, yesterday I saw one of the guys walking down the sidewalk, so I stopped him for a chat. He had to go, and I was thinking about this concept and how I need to hang with these guys more. As I was thinking about this, I was smiling. I was walking across the street and somebody shouts, “Hey buddy!” It was the other guy who is the perfect wingman. I ran into both of them, randomly, in the span of about 2 minutes. Very odd. So anyway I’m going to see Teenage Bottlerocket with the 2nd guy on Sunday. That should be a blast.

Next Thursday I have a very, very important business meeting. This guy at work is in a theater group called Red Tape Theatre. I saw one of their shows and it was really good. The other day, the guy sent around a message that said the Theater was looking for board members. Basically you just attend the meetings, throw out ideas and help out. I really don’t know what you do. So I contacted the guy from the message and I am meeting with him and another dude next Thursday. I am already envisioning how this is going to go. To set the stage: the guys I’m meeting with are Paul and James. We are meeting at a starbucks.



Late Afternoon Starbucks, 3 men sitting on soft chairs.



Me: Thanks for meeting with me guys. I’m really excited about being a member of the Red Tape Theater board.



Paul: No worries dude. Thanks for the interest.



James: I think my latte is decaf.



Me: Ok guys, let’s talk Franchise.



Paul: Franchise?



James: This is definitely Decaf.



Me: You’ve heard of McDonalds right? I’m thinking about taking red tape theater global. We’ll sell Franchises. People will be able to stop in and get a little bit of theater for just a few hard-earned dollars. We’ll have a Shakespeare menu, Mamet, Greek tragedies, it will be a one stop shop. We can even have a happy meal type play for the kids.



Paul: Are you on the level?



Me: Which level? Like Mario Brothers?



James: I love the Wii.



Me: I bet you do.



Paul: I don’t like your idea, but I like the fact that you think outside of the box.



James: We abhor box-thinking.



Me: Ok guys, that was just an aperitif. Now let’s talk Turkey. Literally. Turkey. We can serve Turkey at the shows. People love Turkey and the L-tryptophan will make them too mellow to complain if the play sucks.



James: Like cold cuts?



Me: James, I’m glad you asked. Not cold cuts, this isn’t some dime store operation, we are going to have fully baked turkeys, just like on Thanksgiving. You come to the show, on the way to your seat you are handed a plate with a slab of fresh-cut Turkey breast on it.



Silence



Me: Your thoughts?



Paul: I’m an actor, and I’m actually speechless.



James: Look at the time. Oh dear me, I do have to run.



Paul: I better go with you. We can share a cab.



Me: So, should I expect a call?



Paul: Don’t call us, we’ll call you.



Me: Ok, cool. I prefer it that way. The ball’s in your court…s. See you.



Sorry about that. I kinda got carried away. I’m not sure how the meeting is going to go, but I really don’t think it’s going to go like the thing I just wrote.

I finally finished Atlas Shrugged. It was a book. It still is. It was a book that I hadn’t read. Now it’s a book that I have read. That’s about all. My walk to work went about 2 minutes quicker today cuz I don’t have the book in my backpack anymore. I started a new book today and I don’t think it’s going to take me 4 months to read like AS did. It’s Curt Cobain’s diary. I’m through about 30 pages and I really like it. It’s a much easier read than AS, and it’s basically photocopied pages right from his journal in sort of a workbook type of format. As you can imagine he has some stories, and it’s difficult to determine how much of the story is actually based in fact, the stories are good though. There’s also a lot of random shit strewn about in the journal, and that stuff is kind of annoying. The cartoons are good. He’s an amazing artist. There’s a picture of Eddy, the mascot of Iron Maiden in there and it has amazing detail. It’s hard for me to believe that Curt actually drew it. I don’t think they would put it in there if he didn’t. From reading the book, you can definitely tell that Curt is a smart guy; it’s weird because he’s so unrefined. His education is limited. I’m guessing he barely got out of high school. He has some very philosophical musings and he often makes cogent, coherent arguments about important topics. Then other times he’s just spewing out meaningless drivel and misspelling words. You really get an interesting glimpse at him and you can learn a lot if you care to.

I could talk about other stuff. I had dinner last night with a friend that I hadn’t seen in a while. I know he is very religious and takes his Christianity very seriously. It was fun and interesting. I think it’s interesting when people are very religious. I wonder what they are thinking and how they interpolate it all into their lives. We did talk a bit about God, Jesus and the Bible. It was funny because he mentioned the song 40, that is based on the Biblical psalm 40. He kept quoting from it and it was interesting. He said it meant a lot to him. I believe it. He did keep going back to a topic that amazingly very few people have mentioned to me, reconciling. He asked me a number of times whether I considered reconciling with my wife. I told him that we both had basically moved on. I think maybe one priest that I went to confession with, other than my friend, mentioned reconciliation. Even Priests were saying, “Ok, it’s over, do the best you can for the kids, try to part amicably.” For a while, every time I went to confession I thought I was going to get “a reconcile with your wife” speech and it never came. That’s weird. None of my friends or family (other than this friend) even consider it an option. Once I explained my reasoning for not reconciling, I think my friend was accepting of it. I dunno. It’s just interesting. Oh well. Big weekend ahead. Lot’s of running around. I’ll have more stories next week.

No comments: