Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Pooptown

What a weekend. What do they say about the best laid plans? They often go awry? Well they do. I had a lot of stuff planned for the weekend. I was really looking forward to it. Some of the plans fell through due to unfortunate circumstances, but stuff happens, it’s all good. Well it wasn’t good, but there’s always another day. I think. Back to the weekend, so I was kinda planning to check out Noise by Numbers in the afternoon show. That didn’t happen. My buddy and some folks were going to Arlington for the horse races, so I met up with them. I was half tempted to go to the races and then roll to the show, then catch some of the blackhawks. Well, after a couple of hours at the races, I was down 60 bucks and I didn’t hit one bet. I guess you could call it a semi hit, or just a bad miss, but I hit a trifecta and didn’t box it, so I picked the top 3 horses, but in the wrong order. I don’t think I would’ve made much on it though, I think it paid like $25, so If my bet would’ve hit, I would’ve made maybe 100. Not chump change, but sometimes if you miss a trifecta it will cost you like 1000 bucks. My buddy made 600. It was kinda funny. Everybody else bailed and it was just me and my buddy. My bud was like, “I can’t believe they bailed before the 9th race, their friend has a horse it it.” The horse was going off at like 35 to 1. I was like, “we gotta bet the horse big and then rub it in their faces if he wins.” So we stayed for the 9th race and bet the horse, Mad Flatter. Well my buddy went to the betting machine and he put his tickets in there that he thought were worthless. Well he hit a bet for 85 bucks. Instead of cashing it in, he rolled the whole amount into the next race. He upped all his bets and added a few too. One of them was a $5 exacta box. He hit the exacta. It paid off like $587. Rock on. Good day. He cashed in and we bailed.


My buddy was kind enough to treat us to some burger king with the winnings and that ended up being the worst move of the day. We kept burping it back up and that put a definite damper on the evening cuz it’s hard to go out on the town and have fun with a gurpy tummy. We did our best though. So we cruised back to his place and watched the Blackhawks. What an awesome game. Talk about rock-em sock-em, back and forth, goal after goal. That game was a must win, the loser of that game was demoralized, which played out as the flyers lost the next game as well. The Hawks are in command and I hope they take it home. They have been playing well on the road, so they gotta take one of two and then it would be nice to finish it at home. We’ll see.


Yeah, so I bailed on Noise by Numbers and that was kind of a bummer cuz I def wanted to go to it. Then on Sunday I didn’t do much. I went into work, which is always a good time. Got some things done. It was so quiet. Very good environment to think. I also took a walk along the lake on Sunday. That was kick ass. There were a lot of people out and most of them were wearing very little clothing. Good times.


On Monday, I had this plan to bring the kids downtown. I wanted to show them my work, I also wanted to go check out HUM at Pritzker Pavilion. Well I didn’t make it to the show. I have been talking about the show for weeks. It has been on my calendar with a special check mark next to it, I totally have been geeked about it. Well, sometimes it just doesn’t work out. I was trying to make everyone happy, which meant that I was trying to line up some way for the boys to watch the Hawks game so I could see the show. When it came down to it, I was the only one who wanted to go, and I was trying to make it happen for selfish reasons. Sometimes when you are a parent, you have to give certain things up, certain things that you really want. This was one of those times. So we stayed home. We ended up getting a football game together with the cousins, which was really good. I think everyone scored a touchdown and although the game ended on a questionable play, and the outcome is undetermined due to a pending league ruling, I think everyone had fun. It was nice to get out and run around. Then we all saddled in to watch the Hawks. As previously mentioned, they won, and are in the driver’s seat for the Stanley cup. We’ll see how it plays out.


As far as shows go, there are still a bunch of good shows coming up. The thing I have on my calendar is a street fest on June 13. The Arrivals are playing and Pegboy. Street fests are a good time, so I’m looking forward to this one. Should be a blast. I’m sure something will come up to derail it, but that’s life.

No comments: