Monday, June 28, 2010

I need some shleeps

I had a crazy idea for a new blog. It might already be out there. Well, let’s backtrack a little bit. So I met somebody. Online, and…for real. Wow, what a concept. Anyway, we hit it off pretty good and it turns out she’s a blogger. That got me to thinkin, we should do a blog together, and then I further considered, why don’t we blog about our relationship from our viewpoint, without the other being aware of it. Umm. Let me clarify. Basically we start dating, and I write a blog about my thoughts about the date, her, etc. She does the same about me. They get posted to the same spot, but we never read each other’s posts. That last part is pretty key. It’s like if I’m gonna dish on her to my audience, she can’t know about it. Or if I say like, I’m really into her, or she has a kickin body, blah, blah, blah, I don’t want her to know about it. And if she’s like “oh, he’s a nerd, or he dresses like a tool, or he is way too intelligent and handsome” Then I can’t know about it. It will be like the reader is on the inside of the whole thing, while the actual couple is on the outside. I think that would make for compelling reading. If we go to a movie, I might love it, she might hate it, she might tell me she loves it and secretly hate it, well the reader will be in on it. I think this concept would rock. I have to give it some more thought and iron out how it would work. One problem that jumps to mind are the friends. Like say someone starts cheating, or is seeing someone else, but not cheating; I’m sure the friends of that person would let them in on it. And there’s no doubt the friends would be reading it. Maybe that’s the fix, don’t tell anybody about it. That’s probably a good move. Although you want to promote it, cuz it’s catchy. It’s prolly not a good idea for people to know about it. The other bonus is that if it’s private, you can share the juicy details that you might not otherwise share.



I finally got out to a streetfest. Saw some decent bands. Maps and Atlases played. They did not exactly float my boat. I don’t know why people (bands) feel the need to mess with a solid concept like a 4 piece with regular instruments. Maps and Atlases had like 8 people and some woman was playing marimba or something. It was excessive. The music sucked too. When the band was warming up, the singer busted into Zep’s good times/bad times. It was kick ass. I wish the whole show was zep covers. Anything would’ve been better. I also lied about hating the band. I feel a little bad about it. My niece was there and she was excited about M and A, so I didn’t want to rain on her parade, so I said I liked them. Then the new girl asked me if I liked them and I said yes. I didn’t want to be too big of a curmudgeon on the first date. I’ll save that for the second date. I was kinda amped to see David Bazan, of Pedro the Lion. He sucked. I never got into PTL, and that’s probably because they are not good. Safe to say I wasn’t expecting much out of the headliner, Cloud Cult. Crappy name. And…I was pleasantly surprised, they kinda reminded me of The Flaming Lips, crossed with Neutral Milk Hotel, which is an awesome combo. Some of their songs were not good, but a number of them were. I gotta check them out and DL some of their stuff. Yeah. So as I mentioned earlier, I met someone at the fest. It worked out really well, she had friends in high places and hooked me and my buddy up with bracelets so we could drink for free. Very Cool! After the fest we toyed with the idea of going to Exit. Discretion was the better part of valor and we went our separate ways instead. She is really cute, so we’ll see what happens.



I think this week and next week are gonna be crazy slow at work. Today already feels dead, and I’m a little sleepy from the late night at the fest. Just trying to gut it out today. Shouldn’t be too bad. There is some synth dude playing at Pritzker pavilion. It’s just outside my building, so I went and checked it out. It was ok. It got old pretty quick. Dude was sorta like Jan Hammer on downers. He just kept looping synths over each other and throwing drum tracks in there. It reminded me of that program acid, where you take the loops make your own tunes. He might’ve been using acid, the program and the drug, for all I know. He did have a computer up there. I’m counting the minutes until I’m out of here. I could use a little nap.

No comments: