Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Miracle

What I meant to talk about Yesterday, and didn’t, cuz I got all wrapped up in hope, nope, and despair, is that a miracle occurred on Monday. “Are you saying that a miracle occurred here or were you trying to deceive me?” Lately, I haven’t really been drinking. At all. Which is good and as I’ve said in the past, drinking is a waste of time. Well every once in a while, I’ll have a couple of beers. These beers are usually micro brews and for whatever reason, I’ll get just brutal hangovers from like 1 beer. Case and point. I went out with my buddy from Dallas last Thursday. I think I had maybe 5 beers. All micro brews, well 1 high life, if you must know. I forget what I had for dinner, but I’m pretty sure I ate something that night. I got like 3 or 4 hours of sleep and then went to work on Friday. It was Friday, all I had to do was make it through the day. I got up. I felt pretty good. I got in to work, I did my stuff. The US was playing in the world cup, so the whole office was watching it. For Breakfast we had thick cut French toast and bacon. I mowed it down. It was so tasty. I figured any hangover would surely be squelched by that. Wishful thinking. Some time after the US soccer match, I started to feel like shit. It felt like someone had hit me in the head with a baseball bat. I wanted to puke and I especially wanted to leave. I was in survival mode for sure. So I was surviving. Fighting to get to 430, which is when we get to leave on Fri. I’m trying to come up with any possible busy work I can, so I run the position reports. Well one of our positions was getting up there and people started talking about it. The next thing I know, the managing director is sitting next to me trying to determine if the position is being aggregated correctly. It all worked out, and he’s a cool guy, so I wasn’t worried, but it wasn’t the ideal way to ride out a tough hangover.



Back to the miracle. Well on Sunday, I went in to work and I did some stuff. I also figured what the heck, I’ll eat. I had a bowl of cereal and a banana. I bolted and went to my buddy’s place. Luckily he didn’t have any beer, cuz I prolly would’ve had one. Then we went to the street fest that I mentioned the other day. Well at the street fest, I had a few beers. I didn’t eat anything, so I basically skipped dinner. Then we got let into that free area and were drinking beer for free. I def had over 5 beers, and was well on my way to being a mess the next day. We bailed from the fest and it was only 1030. I was def crashing at my buddy’s, so we got another 12 pack. My bud also bought a Gatorade. When we got back., we started spinning tunes, and I just wasn’t in the mood for another beer. I had to work the next day, I was tired. I didn’t feel like having a beer. So I had some Gatorade, and some water. I have to point out that I was also drinking water at the fest, basically double fisting water and beer in the free area. So I’m drinking water, spinning tunes, watching TV and I get to bed around 130. I didn’t sleep well. I might have gotten like 3 hours. I wake up the next day and I’m pretty groggy. Not hurting, but thinking that I will be. I showered, got my stuff, and cruised into work around 7am. I felt a lot like I felt the last Friday, when I was feeling ok, only to take a turn for the worse later. Well, I was trying to avoid that, so I decided to be careful. They had eggs, bacon and sausage for breakfast, I skipped that. I had a bowl of cheerios and a plate of fruit. I was power chugging water and I had a multi vitamin. When it felt like someone had played basketball with my brain the Friday before, I was wondering if maybe all the sugar in the French toast and the syrup somehow threw off my blood sugar and messed me. I was unbelievably tired all day. I kept yawning and I kept nodding off while I was having a meeting with my boss. I never got a headache though. I was tired and beat, but didn’t get a hangover. Seriously. It was a miracle.



Ok. I wrote that yesterday. Good stuff. Words to live by. I drove to work the last couple of days and I had been missing the train. Well today I trained it in. I was expecting to catch up on my book, Atlas Shrugged, but I ran into a buddy and we talked the whole way in. I was feeling kinda crappy, so it was nice to talk to a buddy and get reminded that “I’m a good person, and gosh darn it, people like me.” So before my buddy came along, I was sorta hanging by the PDA couple. I really gotta get a pair and talk to them. I don’t think it will go badly, I think they’ll be ok. It’s just how do you break that shit up? Seriously. I did not ride in their car, but on the platform they were hugging and the guy was burying his face into her neck. I’m just trying to get my head around it. Do they just not get any alone time together? Well. Let me take this one step at a time. If I am going to confront them, I need some prepared questions. I think I could rock it on the fly, but it’s better to be prepared. Question number one: There ain’t no rings, but are you guys married, to each other or someone else? I mean there is no way that they are married to each other. It would have to be an extreme circumstance where their only chance to grope each other is on the train, or they grope each other 27/7. I def think their only chance to grope is on the train and that’s why they do it. How long have you guys been seeing each other? My guess is not long. They are like fricking kids getting busy in the basement, only they are doing it on the train in front of 50 people! Do you guys ever get together off the train? Maybe they have a thing for trains, I’m sure there are other people like that. I dunno if I can ask it, but have they ever had sex on the train? My guess would be…no. The bathrooms on the train are just awful, I have a hard time going into them even when I really have to go, so I don’t see them banging in the nasty bathroom. Well for one, the little bathrooms, I don’t think it’s physically possible, but in the big bathroom it would be. I’m kinda torn on this one. The idea of boning in the train’s bathroom is kinda hot, if you got in there right after it got sanitized.



I gotta find some new characters on the train too. I was thinking I could do a blog where I just interview random people. I would so love that. Only I’m not extraverted enough to pull it off. Well… we’ll see. I think that would be the best TV show, you just interview the postman, or the guy at Best Buy, or the woman who works at the Laundromat. I wanna know what these people’s deals are. At least I think I do. There’s the physically challenged guy on the train. I will def find out what his deal is. Not too inspired today. Luckily, I wrote two blogs yesterday.

No comments: