Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Don't stop be Steven

I was just thinking about the people that I insulted at lunch a couple of weeks ago. I just had lunch with them again and it’s all cool. Well it popped into my head that they might have been insulted. For a refresher, we were having lunch, one guy said he was facebook friends with a teacher from High School, someone else said, “that’s cool.” I had to chime in, “no it’s not.” They were like "yeah it is," and I was like “I guess it is for you, cuz you guys are nerds.” When I was just thinking about that, I have to say that although it may have insulted them, it was not said with malice. Then it dawned on me, I never say anything with malice. One of my current goals it to never, ever, hurt anyone’s feelings. Sometimes you can’t help it, like if these people were bummed that I called them nerds. Other times, you want to say it, but you just realize that it is hurtful, and you wouldn’t want someone to say something like that to you. I just don’t get it when people are hurtful. Like there is this guy at work who is really nice and a smart guy, well I guess this guy wears the same thing a lot. I don’t know if it’s the exact same thing, but it’s at least very similar. I think the guy is a snappy dresser, but I don’t pay attention to that stuff. So anyway, to the hurtful thing, this guy wears black zip up sweaters a lot. It looks like he prolly has more than 1 (possibly 5) of the same sweater. So we are in class and this guy says, “It’s kinda cold in here.” Then another guy says, “Well why don’t you just put on another black zip up?” I was just like, “Whoah.” That was kind of out of order imho. I just don’t go there. Except when I call people nerds. The difference is definitely that the zip-up comment had some malice to it, it was not fun and playful, it was like “you’re a freak and a weirdo, and I’m superior to you.” That’s how I took it. I also didn’t take too well when this same dude was commenting about my shoes. And also when I went over the IMs in my review and found that he and another dude were taking shots at me behind my back. Other than those things, this guy is a solid guy. The funny thing is, that I don’t dislike this guy. I was friends with him. Even though he wasn’t friends with me.



On to better things. Does anyone remember Anna Kournikova? She played Tennis and she was hot. They have Wimbledon on the TV today and Maria Sharapova is on. IMHO, MS is a whole ton hotter than AK. I started wondering, whatever happened to AK? She used to be on the cover of people every week, now, she is in the “where are they now” file. Google to the rescue. Shockingly, she is reteaming with Martina Hingis (fivehead, maybe 6), and they are playing doubles at Wimbledon. I didn’t realize that AK and MH actually won Wimbledon twice. I am fairly certain that AK never won a singles championship ever. But doubles at Wimbledon is nothing to sneeze at. I don’t plan on watching much Wimbledon, the world cup has my attention and the US play tomorrow in basically a must-win match. I hope they do it.



Sticking with sports, I hate it when an unknown wins a major championship in golf. I know you are saying, “people actually care about golf?” Well, I don’t care as much as I used to, but it just seems to cheapen the whole thing when some stiff manages to sneak past the best players in the World on the biggest stage. It’s underwhelming. Graeme McDowell? Who the funk is that? Total annoyance. It’s just golf though. I don’t get why people are so up-in-arms over Tiger. I know he disappointed some people, and let down his family, but I really don’t feel that I’m in position to judge him; I’m surprised at all the people who do feel they’re in position to judge him. Umm. I don’t know what Elin is like. She’s very attractive. Most guys would say “how can you cheat on her?” Well, let’s put it this way, if some of Tiger’s women were throwing themselves at you, how long would you last? I’m guessing most guys wouldn’t last too long. Married, single, gay. Most guys would have sex with those women if they had the chance, especially if they were coming on strong. I also don’t get why people are saying that Tiger is all done, or he’s lost his edge. Certainly his mind could be in a better place. He probably doesn’t have the edge right now. He probably can’t stay focused the way he would like to, but he’s still kicking ass. He didn’t play well at the US open, and he was right there at the end. He finished in the top 10. The guy is pretty amazing. He’ll def win more majors, I would bank on that. I’m also ready to bank on the fact that he’ll beat Jack’s record. I think Tiger has at least 5 majors left in him. I would def put major money on the over for 5 majors.



I was gonna talk World cup, but what is there to say? The US needs to handle business tomorrow, “JUST LET ME HANDLE MY BUSINESS!” If the US wins, they are in, I think. Lollapalooza announced their after shows for the weekend. Some good shows. I was a little bummed that Hockey wasn’t one of them. MGMT was. The National, Minus the Bear, Devo, and some others are doing night shows. I think I might check out the Soft Pack. I dig their stuff. Rock is good. Tomorrow night, at the Cobra Lounge, Shot Baker and DOA are playing, they are also announcing the lineup for Riot Fest. I’m way fired up about RF, and I can’t wait to hear the lineup. I hope the Methadones are in there.



I was gonna go check out the bands last night at Pritzker pavilion. I figured it was a chance to check the place out, do some people watching, and listen to some bands. Well the bands playing were The Books and Via Tania. I listened to the snippets on the event listing, and thought…maybe. Then I went to The Books website and listened to some full songs. I don’t think I made it through 1 song. The band sucks. I really don’t like their music. It was so bad, that I thought, “why go to the show? If the people there really like The Books’ music, then they are not people that I want to know.” Sorry to be all judgmental, I don’t mean it maliciously. I feel that people who are fans of The Books can peacefully coexist with me, it’s just that I don’t want to know them. Via Tania is ok, not offensive, but not enough to get me out there.

No comments: