Saturday, July 3, 2010

What do these do?

I think I just consumed about 8,000,000 calories that were like 90% fat. Aka a ham and gruyere croissant. The thing was damn good, but it’s just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to pork consumption today. I washed it down with 3 slices of bacon as well. And I shit you not, we are having Slavingen for Lunch. I work for a dutch company and due to the Netherlands playing Brazil in the World cup, we are having a dutch lunch. Slavingen, for those who don’t know, (a category that included me about 10 minutes ago) is a pork cutlet wrapped in bacon. That’s right, Bacon, it’s for breakfast and lunch. I’m knocking this blog out early so I can enjoy my weekend. Also so I can turn my attention to the world cup, which will be on every TV in the place.



Speaking of the world cup and sports, I made a crappy attempt at becoming a sports radio announcer last night. It’s the typical scenario, my brother was going to this bar to try out for WSCR the score in an open tryout. I was hanging there with him and my buddy. My brother got up there, and he did a great job, he was prepared, he had funny jokes, he had props, he knocked it out of the park. After a couple of beers and a complimentary watered down drink, I decided to try my hand at it. There were a bunch of people there, and I didn’t want to have to wait. I went up to the guy running the show and asked if I could get in there. He was like, “sure, fill this out.” I filled out the form and brought it back. He’s like, “when do you wanna go on?” I was like, “whenever.” Him, “How about next?” “Sure.” So I got up there and I thought I would do ok cuz I didn’t have a script and I just wanted to try to be a little over the top. I don’t think I did too good. I tried talking about the blackhawks and I sorta messed that up. Then the woman gave me the 30 second sign and I talked about the world cup and sorta just made fun of it. I had my flip camera with me and I filmed it, so I’ll try to post it online. It was fun though. It’s always good to get up in front of a group and make an ass out of yourself.



Speaking of which, I did get some angst out last night on the drums. I practiced for a bit while I was trying to update my ipod. I’m going through the agonizing process of getting my music transferred into itunes on a new computer. It’s so fucking annoying. I think Apple makes it hard on purpose just to protect copyrights and force people to download a song 10 times from itunes. I feel like I’m being held hostage by Apple when it comes to itunes. I wish there was a competing platform that worked with ipods. I should just switch to zune. Anyway, so I transferred a bunch of tunes using a portable hard drive, and then itunes couldn’t locate them anymore so I transferred them to the actual hard drive on the computer. Then I had to reload them into itunes and I didn’t know which files were working and which weren’t, so now my itunes is a complete disaster. I have copies of songs that can’t be located, and multiple copies of some songs from different locations on the hard drive. Good times. Good times. I dled a bunch of stuff that’s gonna be at lolla, and now the computer can’t find that. It’s so fucking frustrating! It’s totally a conspiracy. I figured out who’s trying to get me….it’s Apple!



Big plans for the weekend. Lotsa fireworks is what I’m thinking. We might go to fireworks on Saturday and Sunday. I bet some people are having their fireworks tonight. I think my kids are getting to the age where they’d rather blow off fireworks than watch them. Isn’t that any age though? I think my kids get bored by fireworks. When I was a kid I absolutely loved them. Still do. I have my faves, love to sit out in the field and get bitten by mosquitoes; it should be a good time. This year I’m prepared with glowsticks. I just have to find the damn things. Every year, my kids are the only kids that don’t have a hundred glowsticks each. Then the other kids who do have hundreds just absolutely hoard them. I really don’t get it. Some rich woman last year totally chafed my butt when she wouldn’t sell me any of her glowsticks and all her grandkids or whatever were swimming in them. I’m going to encourage my kids to give them to out to the glowstick challenged, my form of altruism. So yeah, I just gotta find them. See last year I was at Jewel (grocery store) and they were selling the glowsticks for like 50 cents a pack (on July 10 or something), so I bought a bunch. I better make sure they still work and make sure I can find them. I guess that’s on the agenda for tonight. If I’m still alive after eating all this saturated fat.

No comments: