Thursday, July 9, 2009

I’m back, did you miss me? Oh. Ok. Well you’re reading, so you must have some interest in my situation.

My head hurts. I had a bad day trading. I got run on all day and lost 180 bucks. That doesn’t sound like a lot. Because it isn’t a lot. But it still sucks. I seriously would make trades and like 15 seconds later I was stopped out for a 20 dollar loser. That means the trade ran 10 ticks on me, in 15 seconds. That is a bad trade. That happened to me a couple of times. It was like I was a buffoon or something. It didn’t feel good. When you get put through the grinder like that, you seriously don’t know which way is up when it’s all over. It’s good to be back at work though, and I seriously have a lot to learn about this trade. I made decent money last week, when the stakes were smaller, now that I’m trading more size, I panic quicker. I have to be less of a pussy. I don’t know if I can be, it’s human nature to want to protect your assets. I’m learning. Things will get better. It’s my first week. If there is one thing I’ve learned over the course of my 16 years in the workforce, it’s that the first week usually sucks. You just feel like shit. People have expectations of you and you are still shocked that they even hired you. You act like you know what’s going on and talk the talk. You read up on the web to figure out what your job is and how to do it. The first week sucks. Nobody knows you. If you are at a big place, the locals (people that have been there for a while) sometimes treat you like shit. They resent you. It’s not like that at my new place. The people are cool. They are understanding. I guess I have to cut myself some slack. I would drink a bottle of whiskey, but I have to go to Adoration tonight.

Anybody watching the Tour de Lance? It’s actually exciting this year. Namely because Lance is in it. I bet the French hate that, but they have to admit that having Lance in it has brought it back to the premier event status it deserves. I can’t believe Lance is contending. He has been away for 4 years, I know he trained and stuff, but training at 33 is a lot different than 37. Well actually it isn’t that different. Once you are over 33, your body is pretty much as messed as it’s gonna be til you turn 40. Still, I really don’t have a grasp on how crazy a sporting feat it is that Lance is even in the race, let alone right on the leader’s heels. Would it be nuts if he sported the yellow jersey for a couple of days? I dunno. It doesn’t sound that crazy to me, but to some people (rick reilly of espn) it’s bigger than Jordan coming back, or Jack Nicklaus winning the Masters at 46. I guess I can’t put a finger on it. It’s cool though. I like watching the tour. I’d totally like to go to France, ride my bike, and watch the tour. That’s on my list of things to do.

The Old Saint Pat’s World’s Largest Block Party is this weekend. It seriously is the World’s largest, they couldn’t say it if it wasn’t true. I probably started going to the block party when I was like 18 or so. You are supposed to be 21, because the beer is free flowing. You need a ticket though. Back in the day, you could just drink as much beer as you wanted. No tickets, no nothing. People would just get annihilated at the thing. Not me of course, but some people. Seriously. One time I went to the block party on Saturday, it started at like 4. At like 7 I had to go. I had tickets to the Butthole Surfers show. I don’t even remember the show. I vaguely remember going into the Aragon, but the show is a complete blank. The Stone Temple Pilots actually opened for the Surfers too. I missed them. I have no recollection of the surfers. Maybe my memory will get jogged when I see the Surfers as part of Riot Fest!!!!!!!

I saw Revolutionary Road the other day. I don’t recommend the film. It was an interesting tale, but I just can’t deal with Leonardo and Kate Winslet. I hated Titanic. Those two bring back bad memories. Leonardo always looks like he’s 19 years old. He’s lucky that he looks young, but I just don’t buy him in these serious roles. I think Kate overacted a bit in this film. At the end of the day I just didn’t buy it. There was this insane guy in it too, and I didn’t know what to make of his character. He was supposed to be the voice of reason or something. Oh well.

Speaking of crazy people, well I don’t want to jump to conclusions, but I saw some weird stuff walking to the train after work today. It’s nice being back downtown and it’s actually nice having a bit of a walk to the train, you see some crazy stuff. You see a lot of beautiful young women with big boobies, so that’s nice. Today I saw some other weird things. I saw this guy, I guess he was homeless, either that or he just had footwear issues. This guy had a sweater tied strategically around his foot as a makeshift shoe. Maybe he was trying to be trendy, I know those sweater boots are in. I couldn’t tell what he had on his other foot. It looked like a tight leather sock. Then I got close enough to see that his other foot was bare and it just was swollen and beaten up like old leather. The sweater shoe seriously is something I had never seen before, that tripped me out. It should’ve made me forget about my bad day trading. I should’ve said, “At least I’m not wearing a sweater for a shoe.” But I didn’t.

Then just as I was crossing the street to go to the train station, this woman who was dressed elegantly and carrying shopping bags just up and bought it. She tripped and fell flat on her face. It was pretty vicious. A bunch of people rushed to her assistance, which is more than I can say for Sweater-boot man. The woman seemed ok though.

I’ll try to come up with some better stuff later this weekend when my head stops pounding.

SLFTD: I don’t wanna work, I wanna bang on the drums all day.
SFM: The biteless embrace.
VFTD: http://www.mtvmusic.com/weezer/videos/29895/undone_the_sweater_song_.jhtml

No comments: