Friday, July 31, 2009

I dunno lots of crazy stuff going on. My wife and kids are up in Ludington Michigan having fun at her bro’s vacation home. I’m still plugging away trying to get a job. So I get a call yesterday that they want my daughter to audition for a Reynolds (of reynold’s wrap fame) commercial. I guess the gig is Sag wages and I don’t know if you get into SAG just by being in the commercial, but the person from the agency basically suggested that it would be a good idea to go. Ludington is roughly 4.5 hours away, I got the call at around 4. By the time I got all my shit together, it was 6 and I hopped in the car and headed up to Ludington to get her. I got up to Ltown around 1015. Sucked back a brew and then hit the sack.

Got up this morning, grabbed the kid and hit the road. Headed right into chitown and took her straight to the audition. I basically drove roughly 10 hours in less than a 24 hour period to get her to this gig. So she goes in and comes out. She was a little groggy, prolly hasn’t been sleeping right on vacation. No biggie. What the heck. We are walking toward the elevator and I say, “How’d it go?” She says, “They asked me to smell a tray of cookies. I thought it would be funny to cross my eyes when I did it.” I was stupefied. I’ve been running my ass off for the last 18 hours, and she clowned around at the audition. I was pissed. What can you do though, she’s a kid. The thing is, that her personality really carries her through on the acting thing, so I don’t want her to be too self conscious about it. I did stress to her that she never do it again. She didn’t get a call, so I don’t think she is going to be called back. Who knows, they might have thought she was actually cross-eyed.

I feel a little guilty. I’m drinking a local brew by 3 floyds, Alpha King. It’s really tasty. I feel guilty cuz it’s not a two brothers brew. I don’t know who came first, but I think there was a little issue between both breweries for a while. I think Three Floyds was miffed that Two Bros came along with the number thing. Kinda weird. I never even thought about it, 3 floyds, 2 bros, who cares? It’s all about the beer. I mean give me a Cain and Ebel any day of the week, that rocks. And Heavy Handed definitely holds up to Alpha King for a bombtrack IPA, but right now this AK tastes pretty damn nice. I’ll also take a French Country by 2 bros any day of the week too. I actually like going to Murphy’s bleachers after Cubs games. Well for one reason, it’s just to get a damn beer. I don’t drink at Cubs games cuz all the beer there is bad. They do have Labatt’s blue, but that’s it. So I usually just wait til after the cubs game and get a Murphy’s ale, it’s actually French Country Ale, they just threw their own name on it.

Do you guys like fun toys at all? I like fun toys. I hung out with my kids at the beach today. Great time. Perfect day. Anyway, they had gone to Walmart and gotten some mini kites. These things were only $2 each, bargain. The thing about mini, it usually means junky shit that is small and works much worse than the regular size version. Not these babies. These little kites rocked. I think they had 40 feet of string on them, there was a strong breeze today, these puppies just shot right into the air. They have long tails on them, so they look cool and you can do some tricks with them. By the end of the day, we were having Kite battles. The first time they got tangled, it wasn’t much to get them untangled. The second time, my boys were playing with the kites and they got them stupid tangled. Def more than $4 tangled. Still I knew the kids wanted to play with them some more, so I sat down for the next half hour or so and untangled the kites. It was a nutty hard tangle to undo. The streamers and the string were all garbled together. I was proud of the fact that I actually got them untangled, that was a miracle in and of itself. It will also be a miracle if those kites make it home fully functional after tomorrow at the beach.

I forget what the show was on comedy central, but it was a cartoon and they had a joke about a guy who thought some woman was pregnant who wasn’t. It was funny. Today we are at the restaurant and my wife asks the waitress if she has tried the beer. She said, “I haven’t had a beer in about 9 months.” To which we replied, “Oh, we just thought you were a fat pig.” Seriously, she didn’t look pregnant, she just looked that shape. She was not thin obviously. Oh well. It wasn’t a good day for offending mothers. I had my daughter at the burger king and this young woman was in there with her daughter who was about 8 months. I told my daughter to go see the baby. The woman wasn’t that young, although she looked young, I mean she didn’t look 16, she looked 20s. So my daughter says to her, “Are you babysitting?” Shes like, “no this is my daughter.” It was obvious it was her kid. Just by the way she was holding it. I think she might have been a little offended. I mean she had a ring on, it wasn’t really an engagement ring, or if it was, it didn’t have a diamond in it. Anyway, she looked betrothed. I think she was legit. She had giant lactating boobies too.

Slftd: I’m not ok. I’m not ok.
FMT: Torrent kiss is up in bed.
Vftd: http://www.mtvmusic.com/killers_the/videos/107542/mr_brightside_version_1_.jhtml

No comments: