Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Geez, I feel emancipated. I feel like Ralph and his rabbit brothers must’ve felt when they got out of that weird warren where rabbits would just “disappear.” If you haven’t read Watership down, you should. Ok people. Love you. I’m no longer employed. I know you are all shocked and dismayed, don’t be. It’s a relief. I have taken one very important lesson away from my last employer, don’t work for people who are not sane. I’m looking forward to finding employment with sane people very soon.

On to much better subjects. I got to check out the Erin Andrews link. I think it lived up to the hype. She looks great in clothes, she looks great without them too. Although I didn’t watch the whole thing. She was standing in front of a mirror doing her hair, and although she is completely nude, it gets boring pretty quick. She has an awesome body though and I’m even a bigger fan than I used to be, but that is shrinking quickly. There are safe links out there to the video, good luck with that. I’m not going to post a questionable link on here, so it’s up to you to find it. Although you should be reading bad sandwich chronicles in which case you would have the link already.

I thought of the best T shirt today and I’m totally gonna make it. “I Tango Alone.” What do you think? I’m not sure what it means, but it’s basically a weird take on “it takes two to tango.” I can’t decide if I love it or hate it, so it must be good.

Good times last night. I met my parents for dinner and had a delish meal on them at McCormack and Schmicks. I got the Burger and it was going for 2.95 cuz of some happy hour deal. Here’s the catch. You have to buy 4.50 worth of drinks. No probs there. So I’m looking at the beer list and they have 20 beers and they all suck. I’m totally bumming. Then I spot Matilda by goose Island and I’m instantly geeked. I order one. The guy comes back and says they don’t have it. So I order a sam adams, totally bummed. Then he comes back and brings the Matilda!!!!! Oh Joy!!!!!! So a 4 pack of matilda usually runs about 10 bucks. I was wondering what they charged for it. They would never put the price on the menu, then people would know if they were getting hosed or not. So I check the bill. 8.50. You got it, 8.50 for a beer at a suburban restaurant. Shocker. Oh well, Lucky I just ordered one. If the guy had asked when my beer was getting low, “do you want another?” I would’ve said yes. He didn’t so I didn’t. Lucky break there.

Ok. Here’s the recap on what happened at my last job. This should close the book on it:

It was a strange situation over there. I was learning the trade basically scalping SPYs around the vwap. The problem was that sometimes you get run over and one loser is bigger than all of your combined winners. It was a tough two weeks to try to scalp, it basically went straight down, then straight up. Pretty much everyone got beaten up, but they were putting pressure on me to have a positive return on capital. I was trading very small, and by the end of the two weeks I was down 800 bucks. Scratch to most people. Not these guys. They were worried about my return on cap. I told them that a batting average evens out over a long period and that I was still learning the trade. That wasn't enough. I had to take a personal day yesterday, and that ticked them off. Then they wanted me to restructure my deal, on my own, with no guidance as to what they were looking for. The owner wouldn't sit down and talk to me, so I said "I think we should call it a day." That was it. Strange. Oh well. In trading you meet all types of people. They are smart guys and I wish them the best.

SLFTD: People are strange when you’re a stranger, faces look ugly when you’re alone.
FMT: Drunk buns we like
VFTD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onjaC3A2xjk
OVFTD: My daughter is one of the munchkins: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCmdnOLjQos

No comments: