Friday, May 14, 2010

Crucial Barbeque

I’m a creature of habit, so I ride the train in the same car every day, well the train that I catch to Chicago, cuz I have my pick. In the afternoon, I just sit wherever there’s a spot. Believe it or not, I’m not the only one who does this, so pretty much the same cast of characters are in the car every morning. Do you know where I’m going with this? The PDA couple. These people are all over each other. Well let me qualify that, the guy is all over the woman. Like today, it’s 7:00 am, and he leans over and I think he’s gonna whisper something to his woman (wife?), and he starts nuzzling her neck. I’m like, really?, nuzzling on the train at 7 am? I just so want to find out what their deal is. Have they been married for 20 years? Are they having an affair? What’s the longest time the guy has gone (when they are together) without making physical contact with her. I’m guessing that one is like 2 minutes, tops. It’s baffling to me, is the guy that in love with the woman? Or is he just trying extremely hard to convince her (and himself) that he’s that in love with her? Is he in love with her at all? Is it lust? I HAVE QUESTIONS!!! I really want to approach them and ask them some questions. I just can’t decide what their reactions would be. Are they oblivious to the fact that they basically get it on in front of 25 or so people every morning? Just as a recap, we are not talking about nuzzling only, these people have been full on making out, on the train, in front of everybody. I wonder if he feels her up, or she gets him off right there. I bet they do. Cuz otherwise why get all frisky on the train? Why get yourself all amped up? You are just gonna have to walk to work with a bonehenge kickin. I wonder if they would be bummed if I asked them a few questions. It’s like I could give a shit what Justin Bieber’s favorite color is, or his favorite slurpee flavor, or how he uses tai chi to fend off the babes; but I do want to know what makes the PDA people on the train tick. To be continued…

And now for something completely different. Murphy’s Law. Not the band, but the notion. The band is kick ass though. I’ve seen them live and the singer has a case of beer (canned) with him on stage and he basically destroys the whole case and that’s part of the show. Seriously, he starts the show with a case of bud, by the end, all the cans are ripped apart and empty, and maybe the guy has drank like 1 beer. He basically just sprays it all around and rips the cans apart and that is his deal. “Goin to a crucial bar, bar, bar, bar, bar, bar, barbecue.” Ok, that’s Murphy’s Law the band, now I’m moving on to ML the concept. A guy is leaving our work and a bunch of work fell in his lap, he’s like “This is busier than I’ve been in weeks.” I said, “That’s Murphy’s law.” Then I was wondering, is that Murphy’s Law? The actual definition of Murphy’s Law is “anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.” I don’t look at ML that way. I think of it more that life sometimes has inherent irony and that is Murphy’s Law. Like it’s ironic that the guy is leaving and all the sudden he’s busy. I like that definition better. I think ML has a lot of meanings, like when you get something all set up and realize that you forgot one piece and now you have to take it all apart. Another example of what I think Murphy’s Law entails involves when the thing that you least expected to happen, happens, that’s Murphy’s Law. It’s not that something happens to go wrong, but you just didn’t expect it. I think it’s Murphy’s Law when the singer of Murphy’s Law gets a vicious cut from the aluminum beer can that he just ripped apart.

Speaking of rock sounds. I have been thinking about catching the Noise by Numbers show on the 29th. It’s part of the Windy city Soundclash festival. Well I guess that show is at 330 in the afternoon. I’m def thinking I wanna check it. I also might be playing a show that day. Oh yeah, did I mention that the show at the Box Social got cancelled? So stay tuned for updates on that, but it was supposed to be on the 29th and we are also supposed to be playing a show on the 12th at the box social or at some street fest in front of the Congress. I am most def gonna check out the show on the 13th, which is part of the streetfest in front of the Congress, Pegboy is playing and the Arrivals are playing. Should rock. The night before that, Off with their heads and The Arrivals are playing at Subterranean, but we have a show I think, so that is a work in progress. Don’t forget the must see show, HUM at Pritzker Pavilion on Monday. It’s Free!

No comments: