Friday, May 21, 2010

crap

The PDA people were not on the train today. It was funny because some dude sat in their seat. Somebody close to me said, “No free show today, that guy took their seat.” The dude was talking about the PDA couple. So I perked up and listened. The guy was telling his buddy how they were playing tongue hockey right in front of him and he sorted leaned in to encroach on their personal space. He went on to say they got perturbed and gave him dirty looks, but did not stop with their smooch session. Some old women joined in and started talking about it as well. I mean, I knew that everyone was distracted by what they were doing, it was just funny to hear people talk about it. I should’ve taken a poll on what people thought their deal was. I didn’t though. I have a much stronger desire to confront them now though. I bet they would get pissed off. They’d prolly tell me to buzz off. I dunno. I just feel I have to get to the bottom of this.



A friend of a friend who is also a friend was in town last night. We were gonna go to the Sox game, but it was raining and there was a general lack of interest in the Sox cuz they suck. Instead of going to the game we went out to Old Town Social. I knew I had an important meeting today, so I took it easy. I did try some different stuff though. Well not that different. I started out with a gumballhead. That, as we know, is a tasty brew. I tried my buddy’s brew, a stone brewing levitation ale. It is low in Alc, like 4.4%, and pretty high in IPA hoppiness and flavor. I def recommend and will have to get one another day. Another tasty easy drinkin brew was the Two Brothers Session Ale. I dunno if I was eating something at the time, but I didn’t get as much flavor as I had hoped out of this brew. I def will try it again cuz 2 bros always brews a good beer. My last beer was a North Coast Brewery Scrimshaw ale. It was just ok. I was expecting more flavor. I was expecting more out of OTS on a Thursday night. We didn’t get it. Well there were some hotties there, make no mistake, but not the usual abundance I’ve seen in the past. Things may have picked up later as I had to bail around 10 pm. I’m pretty beat right now. I’ve made it through two important meetings today, so I’m ready for a nap. No rest of the weary, I gotta go to my daughter’s softball game and then cruise home to watch the blackhawks play hockey. Good times. I can’t believe the hawks are up 2-0. Go Hawks! I hope they win tonight, one game at a time. Should be fun to watch though.



I just don’t have a ton to chat about today. It’s been weeks since I’ve checked in, and I can’t think of anything interesting I’ve done in that timeframe. I’m still going through the divorce. That is taking a lot of my time and energy. I haven’t practiced with the band in over a week. I think our show on the 29th is cancelled. I haven’t heard from them in a while. I dunno if I’m even in the band anymore. I should prolly start looking for a different band. I could just wait for the divorce to get over and then I’ll have more free time for rock. I’m pretty geeked about all the shows coming up. I’m trying to figure out what I’m gonna do for the HUM show. I’d like to take the kids to it. That’s prolly what I’ll do. I think it would be fun. Hopefully the weather will be nice for it. The ponys play this Monday and that should be good, I don’t think I can make it there though. Then I’ve got the Noise by Numbers show a week from Sat. I think I’m gonna hit that show. I think. I forget who all is playing, but Noise by Numbers and the Ataris are the bands I want to check.



I’m in training for this 5k I gotta run next week. I ran 2 miles yesterday, so I think I should be ok. It’s pretty cool, cuz I haven’t really trained much for this race. I ran like 3 times before now. What I think has helped me out is all the walking. Walking 2 miles every day has helped me just pick the running right back up. I haven’t made much knee pain and my hips feel pretty good, I think I’ll be good to go for the race. I’m gonna try to run 3.5 miles this weekend and see where I’m at. I doesn’t really matter, cuz I’m running in the race anyway, and if I have to walk, I will.

No comments: