Thursday, November 11, 2010

People are strange

I really don’t have anything interesting to talk about. NO fun Vegas stories. No back shaving. No Beatles songs. My life is getting back to boring. Which means this blog is gonna suck. Sometimes though, sometimes the little things can be twisted and made into stories. I’m going to try to take some little things and twist them, like a titty.

This thing wasn’t so little. My d. No, actually I was riding the train yesterday and trying to study for the Series 4. I’m chillin, really trying to focus which was difficult. The train lurched. We were moving. Cool. Solo. I left my satchmo where it was by my feet, like usual. The seat was wide open. To my surprise, some dude sits down. Bummer. I should’ve blocked off the opportunity. I’m not a hermit. I don’t care if people sit next to me, in fact I keep the seat open on the off chance a hottie plops down next to me and we hit it off. That has never happened. Random dude sits down. He looks pretty normal. Casual dress, upscale, not unkempt. I think he had a north face jacket on. He looked like a potential Hindalean, I think he did get off in Hinsdale (thank God). The reason I thank God that this guy got off at the first stop, he had horrendous BO. Off the charts. As soon as he sat down I got a whiff, and almost barfed. Every time he shifted in his seat a cloud of crud smell wafted over to me and I couldn’t focus. I had to put the Series 4 stuff in my backpack, and pull out the newspaper. I sat there absolutely livid. Does this guy not have access to a shower? Deodorant? Proper hygiene? How could this seemingly upscale looking dude smell this bad? Tough day in the trading pit? Did he sprint 20 blocks? Forget the deode this morning? It was awful. Any person with a half a nut in their bag would’ve said, “Excuse me.” And politely moved to another section of the train, or jumped off while the train was going 40. I just sat there. I guess I’m a puss.

Speaking of oddness, I was waiting in line at Wendy’s two days ago and I think an insane asylum was on a field trip or something. There were two women in front of me, both seemed mentally challenged and both were morbidly obese. I couldn’t figure out what their deal was, but they ordered like 49 dollars worth of food. It took for-flipping-ever for their order to be taken. Which was tough for me…because I had an insane man behind me. No question he was insane, he was fidgeting, looked unkempt, had weird glasses on that were way dirty, and had greasy matted down hair. Textbook weirdo. This dude says to me, “Ex..Excuse me, do you hap happen to know what time it is?” I pulled out my iphone and said, “It’s 6:34.” He says, “Th Thank you. I g g guess there are still good people in the world.” Does that classify as good? Telling someone what time it is? I dunno? I just said, “I guess so.” I was gonna say something really kind like, “You’re a good person too.” I didn’t though. Sin of omission. So dude starts talking to me, as crazy people are often wont to do. He says, “I’m r really worried about my friend… She’s going to have surgery on her eyes.” I said, “I see.” I really didn’t. By the way, the guy didn’t stutter, it just makes for better theatre. I said, “Yeah. That’s scary.” He’s like, “Yeah. I’m very scared about it. I’m also very depressed right now.” It’s like, “Well you should probably keep that to yourself.” I think I said, “I’m sorry to hear that.” I wanted to say, “Waiting 15 minutes in line will do that to you, especially when there are only two people in front of you.” I get up there and I’m hungry but not crazy hungry. I ended up with a pretty solid order. I don’t like to waste a lot of money on food when I eat for free at work, so I got a jr bacon double cheeseburger and a small frosty. I also got a water. My total 2.15. Not too shabby. I took my winnings and went to an area that was fairly bright and highly populated. I did this because I figured that crazy guy would be least likely to follow me there. I was right. I ate in peace and I guess the people at Wendys know crazy guy cuz they were all nice to him and saying goodbye when he left. How nice.

Since I’m on the subject of crazy street people. I saw an awesome street person the other morning. I was walking up Wabash to work. It was chilly. Probably like 40 degrees. I spot this dude asleep on the sidewalk sorta half in the sidewalk, half jammed into an alcove type area. This guy has completely wrapped in a comfortable looking quilt. He was all nestled in. I was half tempted to crawl in there with him. Just kidding. I was kinda jealous though cuz I wished I was still in bed, even if bed was a sidewalk in Chicago. As I got closer I saw a McDonald’s cup perched next to him. It was a large (old large, now probably a small, you know the tall one.) It was filled to the brim. With amber colored acrid urine. Hrm. Hi there. I guess that works. Dude had it all right there. Some people have huge mansions, sleep in king size beds, walk a half mile to take a piss. Some people curl up with their comforter on the sidewalk and piss in a cup one foot away. Who is the crazy person?

Tomorrow is Friday. TGIF. Not much going on for me. No kiddies, I’ll probably practice my drums and study for the 4. I’m planning on taking the 4 next weds, that should be enough time. I should be able to pass it right now, but I have a suspicion that it would be close, and I don’t want to fail, so I’m going to study. I’m going to see the Methadones on Saturday night. It’s their last show. I’m pretty geeked. I hope they play all my favorite tunes. Although it would be awesome if they did something weird and only played Ramones Covers or something. We’ll see. Ciao.

No comments: